Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer lovin'

Inspired to write tonight, though not quite sure about what. Summer has seduced me with sunshine, flowers and a joyful break from a job I love yet often emotionally exhausts me. Time has slowed just a touch and has filled with playing outside on my recently repaired bicycle or reading my favorite books. I am finding myself later and later to intentional gatherings simply due to a complete dissociation from hours and minutes. 
Life is good right now. And I am soaking it in and letting it swirl around me. I know that all of life is a process and that includes good seasons and difficult seasons. Because this one is so good and filled with love, I am noticing on purpose. Acknowledging the goodness instead of letting it pass ignored for the things that wear me down. 
I was told this weekend that I love joyfully and passionately even while understanding that things on this earth do not last forever. That was an incredibly accurate description. Today I feel the sweetness of being surrounded by love. I know that may not be the same for everyone reading this, but my wish for you is that if there is even a glimpse in your life of love - that you would hold onto it with passion and joy while it is in your midst. Enjoy, soak in the love around you. Let it heal you and hold you. You are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment